Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
VP, Talent & Culture
As Mynd’s Vice President of Talent & Culture, you bring strategic thought leadership, talent, and culture-building expertise to help accelerate the company through its next stage of rapid growth and development. This person will help ensure our talent programs set the stage for engaged, successful teams to develop and scale alongside our company’s continued rapid growth.
• Work with the executive team to set and execute the long-term vision for key talent & culture initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, motivated and impactful team.
• Help promote our company values across each of our offices and remote teams to ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our core beliefs.
• Help facilitate a culture of innovation, urgency, feedback, candor, and accountability. Help us to scale the organization in multiple locations by adding a remote workforce while maintaining our empowering culture.
• Build scalable processes and systems to attract, assess, recruit and onboard world-class talent. Develop strategies to improve the Company’s brand. Implement structured interviewing training for interviewers and hiring managers and foster inclusive hiring practices.
• Build scalable professional development programs that aid in growing our team’s capabilities and driving employee retention.
• Drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers; set up training and feedback programs for our existing leadership team; and develop programs to prepare high-potential employees for management roles.
• Develop and implement a company-wide, continuous-performance management program that helps us promote and reward excellence, and drives ongoing, multi-directional transparent feedback across all functions.
• Analyze existing total compensation packages and plan future compensation strategy across all functions; benchmark our current benefits package; and strategize for additional benefits as we continue to scale.
• Partner with Business Development and executive team to ensure the effective execution of acquisition due diligence and integration plans, including the onboarding strategy of new employees.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
• SPHR preferred.
• Demonstrated experience scaling a rapidly growing startup.
• 15+ years of experience in HR/Talent, 10 years in HR/People leadership.
• Demonstrated experience with people development aligned with Mynd’s growth objectives.
• Self-starter, willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in where needed.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, changing, startup environment.
• Prior experience working and developing a remote workforce and network of independent contractors.
• Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
• Extensive background in leading, developing, mentoring and managing Talent & Culture teams.
• Expert communication skills, written and verbal, and an ability to adapt your approach to your audience.
Mynd Property Management serves the small residential real estate sector with a combination of on-the-ground experts and innovative technology headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd boosts efficiencies for property owners and improves the rental living experience for residents. Currently, Mynd manages approximately 8,000 units in 15 markets. The firm plans to expand into additional markets throughout 2019 to provide real estate investors with access to fully managed, income-generating properties in metros with strong employment and rental growth.
People are taking notice. For the past two years, we were named one of the 10 Best Tech StartUps in Oakland by the Tech Tribune, and we're backed by leading venture capital firms, including:
*Jackson Square Partners
Our entrepreneurial founders have major credibility on the Street: Co-founders Doug Brien and Colin Wiel previously founded Waypoint Homes and successfully took the company public (SWAY: NYSE) in 2014. Mynd was born from the best ideas and talent from Waypoint Homes.
Care to join us? At Mynd we are obsessed with: