Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
Staff Accountant (Remote, Mesa, Las Vegas, Reno)
The Mynd Staff Accountant will assist with the daily operations of its clients’ accounting & finance departments. This individual will be working closely with the Property Accountants and Property Accounting Managers to perform a variety of accounting duties involving preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records and reports. This person will also maintain the accuracy of the general ledger and sub ledgers. Skills required to succeed in this role include strong accounting and communication skills - collaboration and communication is a key aspect of this position.
- Provide daily accounting functions for multiple regions
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports – prepare monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation/reconciliation, and bank reconciliations
- Assist in preparing monthly and ad hoc distributions to clients
- Review and maintain the accuracy of general ledgers
- G/L activity posting, Balance Sheet reconciliation and maintenance of subsidiary ledgers
- Monitor cash receipt postings, tenant billings, billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations when necessary
- Review invoice coding and perform weekly check runs ensuring timely payments to vendors
- Assist in preparing annual 1099 and 1096 reporting to vendors and IRS
- Assist in preparing quarterly 592 and 588 forms to Franchise Tax Board on an as needed basis
- Ability to prepare additional schedules, which are required to support account balances or are specifically required by owners.
- Performs ad hoc assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Real Estate Accounting experience is preferred
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Adaptability – maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people
- Ability to multitask - work successfully under pressure and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs
- Client Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal client, establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients, and gains their trust and respect
- Dealing with Ambiguity – can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and others for results
- Microsoft office product knowledge, Excel and real estate accounting software preferred
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Mynd Property Management serves the small residential real estate sector with a combination of on-the-ground experts and innovative technology that empowers investing in any market in the U.S. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd manages over 8,000 units in 16 markets and offers small residential rental properties for sale in 20 metro areas. Mynd’s end-to-end management and real estate investment solution is powered by INVESTimate, a home-valuation tool that determines the investment potential of any home in the United States using AI and machine learning.
People are taking notice. For the past two years, we were named one of the 10 Best Tech StartUps in Oakland by the Tech Tribune, and we're backed by leading venture capital firms, including:
*Lightspeed Venture Partners
*Jackson Square Partners
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to: