Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
On-Site Manager (Part-time), Oakland, CA
The Onsite Manager (OSM) is responsible for maintaining the common areas, assists with the property’s repairs, and resident communication. This position is required to live within a specific building and is responsible for being the first responder to emergency issues at the building. The OSM works independently to accomplish the goals and complete the task of and assigned by the building’s owner and/or property management company.
*This is a part-time position approx. 10hrs per week. Must be able to live onsite, housing discount offered as part of compensation.
• Weekly upkeep of the exterior walkways and common areas, including removing all litter and debris from the building grounds, including city sidewalks, gutters and general marketing perimeter surrounding the building.
• Cleaning laundry rooms, mailbox areas and pool areas, as applicable.
• Assist with leasing units by placing keys in lockboxes for self-showings, hosting open houses as requested and performing in-person showings as needed.
• Assist with inspections of units, including but not limited to: Rent Ready, Move-In, Initial Move-Out, Move-Out, City and County Required, and Preventative Maintenance.
• Respond to emergency on call issues including taking phone calls, contacting vendors, as needed, taking photos, writing preliminary incident reports and reporting incident to and follow up with the property management company.
• Assist with touch up cleaning of vacant units between residents.
• Checks and replaces or requests replacement of exterior lighting.
• Clean trash and recycling area weekly. Break down oversized boxes, small furniture and compact trash bin contents, as needed. Monitor trash and recycling to ensure scheduled pick ups occur. Champion city recycling requirements where applicable.
• Perform minor work orders, as requested per OSM skill set.
• Ensures that storage areas always remain locked when not in use and that all occupied storages are income baring.
• Light landscape work, including, but not limited to pulling weeds, watering planters and raking leaves. Must be able to use a blower, shovel and other equipment, as needed.
• Deliver resident communication and legal documents as required and within local, state and federal regulations.
• Monitor parking spaces, issue citations and request tow of cars that are improperly parked, abandoned or in spaces assigned to another resident. Additionally, audit that all income baring parking spaces are only used by persons with parking agreements for that space.
• Appear before rent boards and at city compliance-related meetings as necessary.
• Perform other duties as required.
- High school or GED
- Strong understanding of technology and use of smart phone applications.
- General handyman skills preferred
- Property Management and vendor management experience preferred
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
• Both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather
• May be required to stand for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day and to lift a minimum of 30 pounds with ease
Mynd Property Management serves the small residential real estate sector with a combination of on-the-ground experts and innovative technology. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd boosts efficiencies for property owners and improves the rental living experience for residents. Currently, Mynd manages approximately 8,000 units in 16 markets. The firm plans to expand into additional markets throughout 2019 to provide real estate investors with access to fully managed, income-generating properties in metros with strong employment and rental growth.
People are taking notice. For the past two years, we were named one of the 10 Best Tech StartUps in Oakland by the Tech Tribune, and we're backed by leading venture capital firms, including:
*Lightspeed Venture Partners
*Jackson Square Partners
Our entrepreneurial founders have major credibility on the Street: Co-founders Doug Brien and Colin Wiel previously founded Waypoint Homes and successfully took the company public (SWAY: NYSE) in 2014. Mynd was born from the best ideas and talent from Waypoint Homes. Care to join us?
At Mynd we are obsessed with: