Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
AP Accountant (Travel & Expense)
Travel & Expense Specialist
Mynd Property Management serves the small residential real estate sector with a combination of on-the-ground experts and innovative technology that empowers investing in any market in the U.S. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd manages over 8,000 units in 16 markets and offers small residential rental properties for sale in 20 metro areas. Mynd’s end-to-end management and real estate investment solution is powered by INVESTimate, a home-valuation tool that determines the investment potential of any home in the United States using AI and machine learning.
People are taking notice. For the past two years, we were named one of the 10 Best Tech StartUps in Oakland by the Tech Tribune, and we're backed by leading venture capital firms, including:
*Lightspeed Venture Partners
*Jackson Square Partners
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
About the role
Mynd is looking for an experienced Travel and Expense specialist to assist in the audit and analysis of expense reports. The ideal candidate will have experience with expense and reimbursement policies and must have strong written and verbal communications. The T&E specialist will be the main contact for travel systems, the expense reporting program, and policy questions. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth as a company and on the Corporate Accounting team.
Outcomes you will achieve
- Management of the Mynd Corporate Credit Card program including maintaining and reconciling account balances, educating new card holders of T&E policy and collaboration with card users for any discrepancies on expense reports
- Perform all travel and expense responsibilities, including upkeep of auditing rules based on T&E policy
- Foster and ensure compliance to the travel and expense reimbursement policies through training, communication and reinforcement
- Act as the main point of contact for all employees participating in the travel and expense programs to resolve issues, ensure best results and deliver great customer experience
- Review corporate credit card expenses submitted through expense reimbursement system and make sure items are coded to the proper GL account
- Retrieve expense report support for external and internal audits
- Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor's in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- 3+ years’ AP accounting experience in the administration of a corporate travel and expense program required
- Experience working in Concur a plus
- Advanced analytical skills and highly detail-oriented
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills, able to identify and research problems to drive solutions
- Ability to multitask - work successfully under pressure and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs
- Client Focus – the ability to interact with diverse levels of employees and provide superior customer service and quick responses to inquiries
- Proficient with MS Office (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
More About Mynd
Our entrepreneurial founders have major credibility on the Street: Co-founders Doug Brien and Colin Wiel previously founded Waypoint Homes, and successfully took the company public (SWAY: NYSE) in 2014. Mynd was born from the best ideas and talent from Waypoint Homes. Care to join us?