Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
Onboarding Associate - Asset Management Team
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the role:
The On-Boarding Associate will primarily support our Asset Management Team, whose purpose is to create a flawless experience for our incoming Mynd customers, both the property owner and their residents. This role is instrumental in the timely completion of tasks to ensure the on-boarding process is efficient, and the data needed to manage the properties and residents is accurately captured in our systems.
Outcomes you will achieve:
- Complete a list of tasks including document audits, data entry and verification of services to be provided by Mynd to the property owner.
- Assist in managing communications with property owners or their prior management company.
- Provide exceptional customer service, while being decisive, firm and empathetic with customers.
- Work in conjunction with the property management and property accounting teams to ensure all information is captured during the onboarding process and effectively distributed to the teams before, during and post onboard.
- Transfer and setup utilities for managed properties during transitions.
- Work with housing authorities and municipal organizations to update tenant information and transfer contracts.
- Work with new vendors to obtain required information to be an approved Mynd vendor.
- Transfer any recurring vendor contracts.
- Work with regional team members to ensure that each new property is inspected during the onboarding process.
- Work with internal Product and Engineering departments as a tester for new releases to internal platform.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Previous property management, vendor management and/or utility management experience preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to accurately translate details from audits into required format for data imports into our system of record.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to meet timelines and adjust expectations preemptively.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals.
- Ability to work well using mobile office electronic tools.
- Computer proficiency, including Google Applications and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals.
- Can effectively work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.Apply Now