Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the Role:
Mynd is looking for a Finance Analyst who will be a key asset in the future growth of the company and will be helping with FP&A, business strategy, corporate and business development and analytics. This individual will support the finance team as they provide strategic and financial support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, and other ad-hoc projects requested by senior management. This entry-level role comes with an opportunity for a quick increase in responsibilities and career growth.
Outcomes you will achieve:
- Assist managers with creation of financial proposals, monthly/quarterly reports
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with a financial perspective
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the company’s financial business strategies
- Dig into complex datasets and provide clear, thoughtful insights
- Gradually take on more ownership of specific processes including portions of monthly KPI reports for various business groups, presentations for the Board of Directors and ad-hoc requests from senior management
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related program
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities
- Eagerness to learn and grow in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to take initiative and self-start when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Strong technical skills (Excel/Google Sheets, Powerpoint/Google Slides, CS background is a plus)
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.