Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the Role
The Sr. Payroll Specialist will be responsible for key functions within the Corporate Accounting department. The main responsibilities are the preparation of all disbursements and setup related to Payroll. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment to support our continued success and growth. The Sr. Payroll Specialist will report to the Senior Corporate Accounting Manager and will work closely with various teams across the company, particularly Talent & Culture, Operations and Property Accounting.
Outcomes you will Achieve
- Manage multi-state, semi-monthly payroll for employees including interns, non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Manage the thorough payroll review to ensure error free pay period runs.
- Process the semi-monthly 401(k) funding.
- Verifies changes to personnel information or tax law, calculates overtime or bonus payments, and collects and retains personnel records or timesheets.
- Setup new tax accounts with state and city as needed
- Process manual termination and payout checks as needed.
- Review weekly timesheets to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Maintain vacation and sick leave accruals.
- Prepare the journal entries for payroll on a monthly basis to assist in month end close.
- Maintain payroll records, reports, and computations.
- Assist with employee questions in a timely manner regarding their pay and payroll related taxes.
- Assist with audits as needed including 401(k) and workers’ compensation annual audits.
- ADP Workforce experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- 6+ years experience processing payroll.
- Multi-state payroll experience.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Organized and extremely detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and self-managed—able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically.
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.Apply Now