Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
Partnership Business Development Representative
Partnerships Business Development Representative
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the role:
The primary purpose of this position is to play a key part in the partnerships team and help introduce Mynd to a large number of prospective referral partners to help grow the business.
The successful Business Development Representative is eager, goal oriented, and great with people. You are the type of person who enjoys driving towards new goals, and can manage multiple projects at once. You are a team player and are comfortable with change, trying new things, and working towards getting to “yes”.
Outcomes you will achieve:
- Find & develop new partner relationships, specifically real estate agents working with investment properties in the Mynd target regions by the following methods:
- In person meetings
- Email, Direct Mail and Calling campaigns
- Attending industry-specific events
- Supporting the sales process, including creating proposal materials, researching contacts, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times by assisting with the sales, onboarding, and ongoing relationship management processes to give the new partners the best experience possible with Mynd
- Support regional ambassadors, representing the company in a positive light.
- Embrace the company’s culture and be an example of our core values.
- Learn and develop a strong knowledge of target Region and surrounding markets to be a resource to local real estate agents and referral partners.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- A driven individual looking to upstart and grow their career.
- Ability to work well using mobile office electronic tools. Strong understanding of technology.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with partners.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals.
- Computer proficiency, including Google Applications and Microsoft Office Applications.
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.Apply Now