Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
As a leading tech-enabled property management company in the US, Mynd lives to make renting and owning real estate simple for everyone. Mynd is reinventing how property management works in the mid-market multi-family and single family markets through a proprietary technology platform. We believe that real time data helps investors make smarter investment decisions, supports a more efficient and data-driven operation, and creates an overall better property owner and resident experience.
People are taking notice. We've been voted Best Tech StartUps in 2019 and 2018 by the Tech Tribune and we're backed by some of the best Venture Capitalist companies including:
*Lightspeed Venture Partners
*Jackson Square Partners
About the role:
The Corporate Accountant will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and will work closely with various teams across the company, particularly the Property Management, Operations, and Property Accounting team. To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of accounting and the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment. You should have the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment to support our continued success and growth.
- Assist in month–end, quarter-end and year-end close procedures
- Prepare and record journal entries including accruals
- Assist in Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and perform analytical review
- Prepare and generate invoices for services rendered
- Process and post customer payments
- Review and process customer credits requested by cross-functional teams and ensure that they are in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
- Review outstanding balances and provide final invoices for offboarding properties
- Assist the accounting manager and senior accountants as needed
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is preferred
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- 3-5 years of previous accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skill
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the company
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Self-motivated and self-managed—able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- High ethical standards and commitment to Mynd’s core values of:
Playing on an 'A' Team
Thinking like an Investor
Innovating at Every Corner
Delivering Great Service
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.