Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
Corporate Accounting Manager
Mynd Property Management serves the small residential real estate sector with a combination of on-the-ground experts and innovative technology that empowers investing in any market in the U.S. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd manages over 8,000 units in 16 markets and offers small residential rental properties for sale in 20 metro areas. Mynd’s end-to-end management and real estate investment solution is powered by INVESTimate, a home-valuation tool that determines the investment potential of any home in the United States using AI and machine learning.
People are taking notice. For the past two years, we were named one of the 10 Best Tech StartUps in Oakland by the Tech Tribune, and we're backed by leading venture capital firms, including:
*Lightspeed Venture Partners
*Jackson Square Partners
About the role:
The Accounting Manager will oversee all close and financial reporting. You will be responsible for communicating financial results to both external clients and internal management teams. The skills required to succeed in this role include strong accounting and communication skills, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Manage all accounting operations including A/P, T&E, Payroll, Taxes and Reporting
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close and related reporting
- Oversee all corporate accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP, statutory guidelines and internal financial policies and procedures
- System automation with initial focus on expense management
- Lead the finance team through successful annual financial & 401K audits
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and play a lead role in directing change initiatives and process improvements
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings; liaise with external tax accountants to ensure completion of tax filings
- Be the point of contact for anything finance-related
- Collaborate across multiple departments to ensure appropriate financials & accounting policy compliance
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Mentor & lead a team of 2 accountants to success
What we're looking for:
- Ownership: ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges in a fast growing environment
- Analytical: High attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Proactive and independent: must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement while always curious and learning
- Audit experience (Big 4 preferred)
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Accounting and Finance roles (ideally a combination of an accounting firm and in a corporate setting - Experience in a small SaaS company is a huge plus)
- Netsuite experience strongly preferred
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.Apply Now