Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
Chief Financial Officer
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the Role
The CFO will oversee Mynd’s Accounting and Finance teams and execute all aspects of day-to-day functions including financial planning, variance analysis, financial reporting, AR & AP, payroll, and treasury-related activities.
The CFO will work cross-functionally to ensure quality and efficiency. The skills needed to succeed include strong leadership, accounting, FP&A, and communication skills. A successful candidate will have prior experience scaling financial infrastructures, preferably in a Saas environment.
The CFO will partner with C-Suite level executives for company-wide growth and development. This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Partner with the CEO on Mynd’s fundraising efforts
- Own Mynd’s corporate model and drive long term financial strength of the company by advising on growth, headcount, and other key metrics and initiatives
- Drive the annual and quarterly financial planning process by partnering with functional leaders. Report on budget variance analysis monthly to keep the executive team apprised of performance against targets
- Oversee preparation of quarterly and monthly reporting packages for presentation to executive management and the Board of Directors
- Communicate, engage, and interact with the Board of Directors, CEO, COO, CTO, and Leadership Team.
- Manage relationships with our debt providers and execute on strategic transactions to ensure that Mynd has adequate debt capital for growth
- Support the business by conducting operational analyses that support data-driven decision-making rooted in financial metrics
- Represent the company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors, and officials
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal, and local laws regarding company operations.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Manage and lead a lean, high-performing team of accounting and FP&A professionals
- Nurture existing talent and identify and recruit high-performing talent to support the broader Company
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field, with a preference for MBA or CFA
- Demonstrated track record having led an accounting and finance function at a company and ability to take ownership and deliver results
- 10+ years of finance experience, ideally with growth-stage technology companies and significant experience in accounting, FP&A and corporate finance
- 5+ years of relevant experience as CFO, preferably in a SaaS company
- Well-versed in technology company financial storytelling
- Ability to synthesize vast amounts of information, develop insights and communicate clearly and succinctly to different audiences (business leaders to executives)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership and with investors
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Ability to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics and communicate results effectively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines
- Maintains the highest accuracy and precision, and someone who is highly organized and can manage a diverse team with a diverse range of responsibilities
- Adept at Microsoft tools (e.g., Excel, Powerpoint and SQL), as well as Google’s tools (Slides, Sheets, etc.)
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
Always Be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an ‘A’ Player
Think Like An Investor
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.