Mynd is Building an ‘A Team’
We hire engineers, designers, developers, and number crunchers along with property management and real estate professionals. We hire people with and without industry experience—we believe that some of the best ideas are shared across industries and skillsets.
We are looking to hire ‘A Team’ players to help us achieve our mission to make renting and owning real estate easy for everyone while staying true to our values: be myndful, be transparent, think like an investor, innovate at every opportunity, play like an ‘A Team’, and of course, deliver great service.
See our part-time, full-time, and contract jobs available and apply below!
Portfolio Associate (Orlando, FL)
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the role:
Portfolio Associates are crucial to the success of the organization as they are our eyes and ears on the ground and are responsible for all field activity including in market business development. This role will join our regional team; it’s an incredible opportunity for the detailed oriented, self-motivated, team centric, high-caliber, and technologically proficient real estate licensee.
*This is a part-time, floating position servicing multiple properties*
- Complete inspections of properties and units, including Rent Ready, Move-In, Move-Out, City and County Required and periodic inspections
- Perform basic level routine maintenance (air filters, lightbulbs, smoke detectors etc.)
- Post legal notices to doors and communicate with Owners/Residents should the need arise
- Manage property access (keys, codeboxes, etc.)
- Attend hearings or other property management related meetings that require physical representation
- Perform other tasks as requested
- Associates degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred), or equivalent experience required
- Real estate license required
- Valid driver's license, and reliable transportation
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail - “always be inspecting” mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and efficiently manage one's schedule
- Tech savvy with ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling and communications
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Can work effectively independently, and as a member of various teams and committees
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends, if needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
Always Be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an ‘A’ Player
Think Like An Investor
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.Apply Now