Mynd Property Management

Creating Happy Homes and Healthy Investments

What documentation do you need to apply?

Valid government-issued photo identification & proof of income are mandatory.

The total monthly income on an application needs to meet the 2.5 times the total monthly rent requirement.

If you’re a salaried employee, please submit most recent pay stubs or bank statements (with a two-month history of regular direct deposits from your employer).

  • Applicants paid weekly – 4 most recent pay stubs
  • Applicants paid twice a month – 2 most recent pay stubs
  • Applicants paid monthly – 1 most recent pay stub

If you’re about to start a new job or have been working for less than a month, please submit your offer letter signed by an authorized company official with the company letterhead stating your start date, title and salary. This offer letter should be dated within 15 days of your rental application. Also add, HR or Supervisor contact information – their name, title, phone and email address. We will call this person to verify your employment.

If you are self-employed, please submit the most recent W2 or 1099 forms or most recent income tax return. Please also submit the most recent bank statements for the last 2 months. Name on the bank account should match the applicant’s name and the account balance on each statement needs to meet the monthly total income requirement (when combined with the rest of the income documents).

If you work based on a commission or your income varies month over month, please submit 3 months of most recent pay stubs. If less than 3 months, submit the most recent W2, 1099 or tax return from the prior year.

You can also submit documents to show additional income sources if you want these to be considered for the monthly income requirement. Such documents are copies of the court order/awards letter for Child Support or Alimony; Copy of the earnings statement/awards letter for SSI, Disability, Pension or Retirement. You must submit 2 most recent bank statements showing the amount of the deposit for any of these cases.

If you have a service or emotional support animal, you must submit a valid service / emotional support animal letter prepared by a licensed healthcare or mental health professional that includes an ESA prescription/recommendation and describes how the animal will help your condition and confirms that the animal is a vital part of your life.