Results are guaranteed
$5,000 Rental Income Guarantee
The 6 best places to invest in Raleigh
Get Raleigh, NC rental property investment data here. For more local information on home prices, job growth, appreciation and much more visit our North Carolina real estate investment data pages!
Millennials, and fintech, flock to Charlotte
Charlotte properties have appreciated a remarkable 56 percent in the last five years, and there’s still plenty of opportunity for investors in this up-and-coming city.
Are you looking for property management?
Property management takes many different skills and can take a lot of time depending on the number of real estate investment properties. To estimate how much time it would take you to manage a single property, set aside four hours a month for daily management and operations. That’s roughly 48 hours yearly. Most of that time is spent on finding a prospective tenant, leasing, and rental property turnover.
That may be 48 hours on top of all your other responsibilities and 48 hours in addition to all the additional hours you potentially spend worrying about your real estate investment. It may take you longer to do what an experienced property manager does, and you might not do it as well. You also don’t get to make use of economies of scale like Mynd does, which is when the size of your project gives you leverage when you negotiate the cost of materials and labor. With that saved money, you can scale your real estate investment portfolio.3e
100%! If part of your motivation for getting into real estate investing had a passive income source, then a property management service is the only way to do that. A landlord won’t have to worry about any aspect of real estate investment, from the easiest to the hardest. Mynd will even document all property management team activity to see if you can save upwards of 20% of qualified business income using the qualified business income deduction.
In general, a property investor should save1.5 times their monthly cash flow for yearly repairs and maintenance. One way to make maintaining your budget easier is to save 10% of your monthly income.
How much you spend on maintenance will be influenced by the age and condition of your residential rental properties. You should also set funds aside for capital expenses (CapEx), big-ticket like HVACs.
An investor can use two quick methods to estimate their operating budget: the 1% rule or the 50% rule. Set aside 1% of your home’s value at the time of purchase to use the 1% rule, or set aside 50% of your monthly collected rent to use the 50% rule.
To see how challenging managing a rental property is, see how many answers you have to the questions you should ask a property manager to assess their qualifications.
- How would we prevent early lease terminations?
- What are some renovations that attract millennial tenants?
- What’s 100% bonus depreciation, and how can we take advantage of it?
- What are some tips for easy rental property turnover?
- How do you reduce landlord liability?
- How can you speed up rental property turnover?
When a security deposit is collected, that money is placed in a trust account. It's a good idea to keep tenant’s security deposits in a different account from where your rent payment is held. Collected rent is placed into a designated bank account, used to pay all expenses that the money is permitted to be spent on, and then the balance is delivered monthly to you on the pre-agreed date. On or around the 10th is a common choice.
It takes the right temperament, professional network, and expertise to be a great property manager. Mynd believes that describes us just right, making us the highest quality residential property management company in North Carolina. But don’t take our word for it. Do your research!
- Ask for references.
- Consult the Department of Consumer Affairs
- Have in-depth talks with prospective property managers.
- Check out online reviews from multiple sources.
- Request internal client satisfaction scores.
- Tour a rental home managed by the property management company.
Here are just five roles Mynd’s property management professionals handle for you.
- Bookkeeping: Mynd’s professional property managers monitor all income inflows and outflows, reserve funds, and make sure you get the most out of tax deductions.
- Project Managing: Mynd is in charge of maintenance and repairs. And since Mynd manages many properties, we can leverage economies of scale to reduce cost!
- Emergency Contact: If a tree puts a hole in the roof at 3 am, Mynd takes that call.
- Legal Counsel: Mynd studies all local, state, and federal laws to minimize your liability exposure and keep you, your tenants, and your investment property out of harm’s way.
Tenant Liaisons: Mynd finds, screens, places, retains, and evicts tenants.
A North Carolina property manager’s number one responsibility is protecting the investment of the real estate investor. All the duties performed by residential property managers stem from this singular commitment to the property owner-- from placing a quality tenant to routine maintenance and upkeep.
Yes, reasonably priced packages from Mynd start at $69 per month in North Carolina. Here’s a taste of the professional property management services you get.
- 24/7 Emergency Support
- Dedicated portfolio manager
- Digital leasing
- Electronic rent collection
- Financial reporting
- Legal and compliance
- Online portal
- Screening prospective tenants
- Repairs, inspections, and maintenance
- And more
A property management business can do a lot for you.
- Write rental property listings
- Property inspection
- Property maintenance and upkeep
- Find potential tenants
- Thorough tenant screening
- Quality renter placement
- Maximize rental income
- Increase qualified tenant lease renewal
- Handle the eviction process
- Vacant property showings
- Respond to maintenance requests ASAP
- Respond to natural disasters
- And more