In addition to degrees, certifications and accomplishments, etc., being smart, assertive, resourceful, reliable, patient and collaborative get our attention. We also value strong soft skills. So if you’re emotionally intelligent, compassionate, empathetic and kind, we’d really like to hear from you.
Learn more about What we Have in Mynd.
Service and Maintenance Technician, Multifamily
Mynd is adding a Maintenance Technician to it’s growing property management team. This role is responsible for keeping the appearance of residential properties in excellent condition, both inside and out. The Bay Area portfolio is made up of multifamily and single family rental properties, and this position will be part of a team responsible for supporting 500 - 750 units. Headquarters are in downtown Oakland, a typical work week would be Monday - Friday and some weekend or overtime work may be required. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, organized, highly customer focused, technically skilled, fast moving and must have strong proficiency with computers and software systems.
Essential Job Functions - Position Requirements
Perform routine maintenance in individual apartments, common areas and amenity areas
Perform preventive maintenance, property upkeep and repairs
Complete service requests as directed
Complete inspections of properties and individual units
Respond to On-Call Emergency in a timely manner
Prepare vacant units for new move-ins
Work with vendors as needed to ensure work quality is met
Ensure proper removal and disposal of trash if needed
Perform other maintenance duties as requested
Ability to use power tools
Communication (Written follow-up, ability to explain solutions to resident issues, etc.)
Organization (Keeping track of work orders and keys)
Ability to multitask (Handle and prioritize everyday work orders and emergencies)
Experience with Onesite, Yardi, or other property management software
Self-Motivated (Able to work/troubleshoot independently)
Previous Job Experience, Education, or Certifications - Other Requirements
5 or more years of experience in service and maintenance in multifamily, apartment industry required
5 or more years in related experience as a contractor (Plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general, painters, etc.), construction worker, or mechanic required
Associate’s degree from technical college desirable
Trade certifications desirable
High School diploma, or GED equivalency required
Valid driver's license required
Reliable transportation required
Tools (hammer, screwdrivers, channel locks, multi meter, allen wrenches, pliers, knife, flashlight)
Must be able to respond to after hours emergency calls as part of an on-call rotation
Regional Property Manager
The perfect Regional Property Manager is eager to develop a new way of doing business and is hyper focused on customer service and efficiencies through the usage of technology. You don’t just question why, but have ideas on how to make processes more efficient. You enjoy being a part of the greater good and are comfortable being in the lead. You are a team player and are comfortable with change, in fact, you love it.
The primary purpose of this position is provide oversight for property management processes for a portfolio of sub 50 unit multi-family buildings and single family homes throughout the San Diego Area. This role monitors compliance in all areas of the business, including but not limited to ensuring employee practices are in accordance with our organization's policies and applicable laws. The Regional Property Manager will use various forms of technology to work with prospective and current residents from leasing to move-out and ensuring the property is well maintained. Additionally, the Regional Property Manager will oversee the Field Associates and Onsite Managers for the region.
Essential Job Functions – Position Requirements
- Manage a portfolio inclusive of both small multi-family buildings (2 - 50 units) and single family residential homes, using technology, to meet company objectives and metrics.
- Act as primary point of contact with property owners, including review and explanation of property financials, repair and maintenance issues and leasing updates.
- Act as the region’s brand ambassador, representing the company in a positive light.
- Embrace the company’s culture and lead the regional team to incorporate our core values into daily activities.
- Directly oversee Field Associates for the San Diego Area. Field Associates deliver notices, complete inspections and various other support tasks for property management.
- Directly oversee Onsite Managers, who live on the premise of any property with sixteen or more apartments.
- Have a strong knowledge of San Diego and surrounding markets.
- Represent property owners during Resident’s legal proceedings.
- Responsible for maintaining occupancy levels, ensuring positive Resident relations and complying with all reporting requirements
- Provides exceptional customer service at all times by assisting the corporate functional teams with leasing processes, rent collections, resident move ins, move outs, rent increases, tasks and communications promptly and in compliance with company policy and practices.
- Enthusiastically support innovation by testing software, processes and organizational changes and providing feedback.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to work well using mobile office electronic tools. Strong understanding of technology.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and ensure staff does the same
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Ability to create, implement and manage a budget and generate financial reporting out of systems
- Computer proficiency, including Google Applications and Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals
- Can effectively work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
Minimum Requirements – Position RequirementsAssociates degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- At least five years of experience in property management, with three years as a multi site or regional property manager with a minimum of 500 units
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have own vehicle
- Must be willing to use personal cell phone
- Must be able to travel within assigned area a minimum of 25% of the time
- Five years of experience using property management software, such as Yardi, MRI, AppFolio, Onesite and/or Propertyware
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Real Estate Salesperson License preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish preferred
Working ConditionsThe conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Field Associate “Runner”
The Field Associate, referred to as a “Runner,” is Mynd’s “boots on the ground.” The Runner is an essential role on the property management team, assisting with functions that require in-person visits to our apartment buildings. The Runner assists in functions from leasing and rent collection to repair & maintenance and inspections. This position would be assigned to a portfolio of properties in the South San Francisco Bay (San Jose, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale…), but may need to assist with other regions throughout the Bay Area.
Essential Job Functions:
Using mobile technology to assist with inspections of units, including but not limited to: Rent Ready, Move-In, Initial Move-Out, Move-Out, City and County Required, and Preventative Maintenance.
Set up properties with smart lock boxes.
Assist with leasing units by placing keys in lockboxes for self-showings, hosting open houses as requested and performing in-person showings as needed.
Deliver resident communication and legal documents as required and within local, state and federal regulations.
Assist the repair and maintenance department by visually diagnosing issues, taking photos and video of reported repairs and meeting vendors at properties.
Conduct exterior property inspections, as scheduled.
Assist with touch up cleaning of vacant units between residents.
Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities
Self starter with ability to manage themselves in the field with minimal supervision
Must be able to work at varying times, including evening and weekends hours and be available for on call status.
Must have ability to viably communicate verbally and in writing. Bilingual a plus.
Have strong customer service skills.
Minimum Requirements - Position Requirements:
High school or GED
Ability to drive yourself to properties throughout the Bay Area.
Reliable transportation with valid registration and adequate insurance.
Valid driver’s license.
Must own smart phone and possess adequate skills to manage tasks and reports through mobile applications.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather
- May be required to stand for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day and to lift a minimum of 30 pounds with ease.
Jr Product Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
Mynd is a technology enabled Property Management start-up. We are developing systems and tools based off modern methods for efficiency and scalability. Mynd has deep experience in Real Estate investing and we are focused on bringing this mindset into how we manage Residential Properties and interact with our customers. We are committed to using outside influence and innovation to bring the antiquated Property Management industry up to current day expectations.
The Jr. Product Manager role at Mynd is an entry-level opportunity that offers ongoing mentorship and career development with experienced Product Managers. You’ll be partnered with Product Managers to help support them throughout the various phases of the product lifecycle. This role will gain exposure on how ideas go from backlog to release along with identifying and tracking success metrics. You will also pitch in to maintain our existing products, document bugs/enhancements and test new releases.
To excel in this role, the Jr Product Manager needs to be able to learn and adapt quickly. Being a Product Manager in a startup requires continual experimentation, failure and learning. Keeping up with our pace will require dedication and occasionally long hours. You will be expected to become an expert in a multi-faceted platform. This requires developing a deep empathy for users, both internally and externally, and translating that insight into workable solutions with the help of design and engineers. We expect that through mentorship and experience you’ll eventually lead your own projects from conception to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Some coding experience
- Technically savvy and able to master systems quickly
- Self motivated to learn continually
- Able to thoroughly document and adhere to processes
- Enjoy working and interacting with team members
Assistant Property Manager
Mynd, a technology-enabled property management company, is rethinking how residential properties are managed. Mynd is introducing efficiencies to the industry to empower smarter investing decisions and more pleasant and effective property owner and resident experiences.
What Mynd Believes In
- Be Myndful
- Be an A Team
- Innovate at every opportunity
- Think like an investor
- Provide great customer service
- Celebrate wins
- Competitive salary and ownership in the company through options
- Full health benefits insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Dog friendly office located in Uptown Oakland, blocks from BART
- Free catered lunch once a week, plus free snacks and beverages
The perfect Assistant Property Manager is eager to develop a new way of doing business and is hyper focused on customer service and efficiencies through the usage of technology. You don’t just question why, but have ideas on how to make processes more efficient. You enjoy being a part of the greater good and your organizational skills are rivaled by noone. You are a team player and are comfortable with change, in fact, you love it.